Saturday, January 24, 2009

The List . . .

Wanna know something I hate about living in Chicago? No, not all the snow we've been having. Nope, not even the sub-zero weather that keeps coming back like a bad yeast infection.

It's Eric and Kathy.

For those of you blessed to live in other radio markets, The Eric and Kathy Show is the Chicago radio version of Regis and Kelly, only without the clever banter. Kathy is basically a reformed party girl who pretends like she was a virgin on her wedding night. Eric is an uber-dork, an evangelical Christian who panders for ratings with mildly risque subjects designed by some asinine MBA program director to titillate your average housewife. And there must be someone listening, because these two are each paid more than a million bucks a year.

I can't tell you how bad they are, or how unfunny they are. And yet, when I happen to be driving to a client's office at that time of the morning, flipping the stations on the FM radio (oh, if I could only splurge on a Sirius receiver), I find myself coming back to their crappy show. It's like a scab that I can't stop picking at.

And there I was the other week, picking away, when Jackass (that would be Eric) starts talking about updating his "List" for the new year. Yeah, yeah, the list of celebrities that your spouse has to give you a free pass on if you ever get a chance to fuck them. Now Eric is such a tool that his wife (a pretty hot dental hygienist - yeah, they met after he started making that million a year) knows he's got zero chance of banging any of the chicks on his list. I mean, he's such a loser that he couldn't get George Michael to bang him if he had a baggie of crystal meth taped to his ass. So she probably humors the loser about what a stud he is, should he ever have the opportunity to cross paths with Jessica Alba.

Which of course got me thinking about this whole concept of the List, and how ultimately patronizing it is. It's essentially about your spouse, patting you on the head like a toddler, saying, "now, now, sweetums, of course you can sleep with Britney Spears. You have my full permission."

Because it's never gonna happen.

Which makes me angry. I want something more subversive than some "safe" List where the chance of any danger is less than that of lightning striking you in the middle of a Chicago winter.

You know what I want to see? The real List for people, the one we keep in our heads, and never tell anyone about. The list of friends and acquaintances, co-workers and in-laws, that we really would fuck. Maybe we've flirted with them in the copy room, maybe we exchanged questioning glances with them at the Starbucks. The people that we'd drop our trousers or lift our skirts for if we get just that right combination of cocktails and opportunity and alibi.

I want to see a List that could actually happen. And that would be so shocking, or improper, or just so surprising that your husband's or your wife's jaw would drop when they heard who it includes.

So please readers, feel free to tell me about the pastor at your church, or your wife's younger sister. Your husband's boss, or the next door neighbor's college co-ed. My own list includes a certain ex-boyfriend with a nine-inch cock that for some reason drives Mike insane with jealousy if I even happen to mention his name. Yes, the same Mike that fantasizes about seeing me with other men.

The comment section is now open. I promise I won't tell a soul.

8 comments:

My expressions LIVE said...

Definately one of the two of the female police officers that I cross paths with. I want to handcuff them....amounngst many of the other people I cross paths with while at work......

Another Suburban Mom said...

No one in my office now, but when I worked for a construction company, I wanted to do naughty, naughty things with my boss.

I need to work with better looking people.

Anonymous said...

First, I agree with you about bad radio...the NY radio/tv channels are one of the things I miss living in NY. Thankfully, I can listen to the radio stations via the internet, but someone might make some money if they figured out a way to transmit them here to all the displaced New Yorkers.

As for the more salacious portion of your post--The List--here are my naughty entries:

1) My wife's sister--we aren't close, but she's got a great set of tits and I bet she gives great head (unlike my wife/her sister--read my recent post)

2) A certain judge that I appear before with increasing regularity. She's a blonde and hot!

3) One of my friend's wives--she isn't "hot" but she is attractive and gives off a vibe....

4) A few of my wife's friends--who are f--king hot and serious MILF's.

Anonymous said...

Being more of a voyeur my list is short...most women on it are way out of my league so I don't fantasize about them that much...

Now if I could have a list for my wife it would be longer.

Her old Boss (married but #1 on the list... they have chemistry)

A guy she works out with (black dude that is frickin built. Married as well) why is all the good ones married?

last but not least the total stranger that picks her up in a bar with me tagging along.

Mr Kixx

Angie said...

That's what I'm talking about, people! I want to buy videos with hot firemen screwing two sexy cops, "innocent" suburban moms being corrupted by hard-hat wearing bosses, straitlaced attorneys getting (un)dressed down in judges' chambers, and loyal husbands forced to watch their sweet wives submit to their supervisors. I'll take all of the above over silicon boobs and peroxide hair any day.

Anonymous said...

LOL... Great post!
Amy and I have our list and while it was made in fun I can tell you that at least one of the guys on her list lives within 50 miles of us.
On the flip side I have asked her about friends she has fantasized about, but she wouldn't say who other than she has.

Matt said...

Brenda and I have a slightly different variation on this; we're completely open with each other about the various individuals we respectively lust after. The only rule is, if the opportunity ever arises, the target/victim/object of desire has to be brought home so the other of us can help and/or watch :)
And unfortunately, Hot Girl (you may remember from my earlier posts) has left my company, so those fantasies about her that got Brenda and I hot and sweaty will have to remain only fantasies :(

One more thing; don't complain about Chicago radio unless you've lived in a smaller metropolitan area. I used to live near Chicago, and let me tell you, radio is still way better there than a lot of other places!

Holly Golightly said...

i agree.
i shall have to ponder my list...

xoxo
holly